Bitcoin is a consensus network that enables a new payment system and a completely digital money. It is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network that is powered by its users with no central authority or middlemen. From a user perspective, Bitcoin is pretty much like cash for the Internet. Nobody owns the Bitcoin network much like no one owns the technology behind email. Bitcoin is an open source project. That means it’s code is available for perusal by anyone. It has already been defined as the Napster of the currency and it is probably going to completely change the concept of money in the next decade.
To support this innovative project I decided accept donation in Bitcoin. The widget to donate is visible at the top right corner of the screen. I’m also supporting the Litecoin network, which is another potentially very interesting technology.
For those who are already familiar with the technology, these are the addresses where, if you want, you can send your donation:
- For donation in BTC: 1AzNH4rJUFT5bcZp3V4aDTqBBrhc659Bd5
- For donation in LTC: Lc23T9JhkkUspNoHJHfBKuU2ema2nQ6ssw
For those who are not, I suggest you to start understand this technology now, because, first or later you’ll have to deal with it. Then, the faster you start, the better is for you. Here is a list of sites to begin:
- Bitcoin Project: official website of the Bitcoin Project
- Questions & Answers: all questions answered here
- Bitcoin Forum: best pleace to read and discuss
- Bitcoin Charts: financial and technical data
- Block Chain Info: detailed information on all Bitcoin transactions
- Bitcoin Mining Wiki: guide to learn how to mine Bitcoins
- Litecoin Project: official website of the Litecoin Project